Winsteel Group Limited supplies seamless pipes for offshore structures. We work as a reliable partner to meet the needs of our customers and ensure a long and safe product life, better mechanical properties, and reductions in costs. And all our offshore structural pipes are from TPCO.
Products Features of TPCO products
- – Steel design with low carbon and micro-alloyed
- – Low carbon equivalent
- – Excellent weldability
- – Excellent low-temperature toughness
- – Lower ductile-brittle transition
- – Higher surface quality
What is the offshore structure pipes used for?
Offshore structural pipe is common used for offshore platforms. An offshore platform is equipment to drill and extract oil from the sea. Based on different functions, the offshore platform can be classified as a drilling platform, production platform, service platform, oil storage, etc. There are bottom-supported, gravity, jack-up, semi-submersible, tension leg type, etc.
- According to different functions, Pile foundation type, bottom-supported, and gravity platform are used in shallow waters.
- Jack-up, semi-submersible, tension leg type, such as vertical cylinder type of offshore platform become the hotspot in the field of ocean engineering.
- The factory has developed the offshore structural pipes for the offshore platform, supplied in normalized or quenched and tempered conditions for yield strength 355~690 MPa.
- – Bracing pipe
- – Chord pipe
- Jack-up drilling platform leg chord pipe is manufactured as with semicircle. Its advantage is low cost and high efficiency that producing semicircle pipe with a seamless pipe through the longitudinal cutting process.
Seamless pipes for Offshore Structures Reference Standards
- API SPEC 5L —— Specification for Line Pipe
- EN 10210-1 —— Hot finished structural hollow sections of non-alloy and fine grain steels – Part 1: Technical delivery conditions.
- EN 10210-2 —— Hot finished structural hollow sections of non-alloy and fine grain steels – Part 2: Tolerances, dimensions, and sectional properties.
- EN 10225 —— Weldable structural steel for fixed offshore structures – Technical delivery conditions
- ABS RULES —— Material and Welding 2015 Part 2
- ABS RULES —— Building and Classing Mobile Offshore Drilling units 2015 Part 3
The Steel Grade of Offshore Structural Pipes of TPCO
Size Range of Seamless Pipes for Offshore Structural
Platform Type and Corresponding Pipe Sizes and Grades
Mechanical Properties of Seamless Pipes for Offshore Structures
Chemical Composition of Seamless Pipes for Offshore Structures (%, API Spec 5L)
Seamless Pipes for Offshore Structures of X80Q
Seamless pipes for Offshore Structures of X100Q
Supply Record of Jack-up Drilling Platform Pipe
Choke & Kill, Boost pipe should be produced in accordance with ASTM A519 and A370, latest editions. API 16C and API spec 5L shall be used as a reference only. Material shall comply with NACE MR-01-75(ISO 15156-2).
Structural Steel for Offshore and Construction Projects
Offshore projects require experience and adaptability, detailed knowledge of product manufacturing capabilities and capacities, logistics, in addition, to be requirements of the customer in terms of schedule and planning. Often a combination of steel and pipe manufacturers is required to meet project delivery demands. The Winsteel Group are experts in this field. Combining available capacity between European and Asian manufacturers is commonplace.
Long term pricing and the guarantee of materials supply are everyday requirements for these kinds of projects. Winsteel Group has the experience and contacts to leading manufacturers to make projects the execution of these complex and diversified projects successful.
The knowledge of all international standards (for example API DNV, EN/DIN, NORSOK, BSH, etc.) and customer-specific standards is essential to understand the requirements of these kinds of projects.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about our products, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Casing & Tubing
For Line Pipe and Processing