What is Steel Pipe Certification
Certification of steel pipe, we also called MTC. It means a Mill Test Certificate, also called mill test report (MTR), or certified mill test report, certified material test report, inspection certificate, certificate of the test.
Steel pipe MTC is a quality assurance document used in the metals industry that certifies a material’s chemical and physical properties and states a product made of metal (steel, aluminum, brass or the alloys) compliance with an international standards organization (such as ANSI, ASME, etc.) specific standard.
Mill here refers to an industry that manufactures and processes raw materials. As an LSAW steel pipe manufacturer, we issue a Material Test Report or Mill Test Report to validate that the product meets the chemical analysis and mechanical properties specification.
The MTC will contain all relevant data to the product and will accompany the product through its life-cycle.
Data in steel pipe MTC shows as below:
(1) Steel pipe MTC date; (2) MTC No.; (3) Contract No.;
(4) P.O. No.; (5) Certificate Date; (6) Producing method (like JCOE, ERW, SSAW, and etc.);
(7) Raw material name and specification (Material size, weight, identification, and grade);
(8) Heat No. (Material heat number, which ties back to the processing batch);
(9) Steel pipe sizes, weight, quantity (according to the data in the contract);
(10) Chemical Composition (including the content of elements such as C, Mn, P, Sulfur, Cr, Ni, Mo, Cu, Al, Nb, Ti, and CEV, etc.);
(11) Mechanical properties (Mechanical properties like tensile strength, yield strength, and elongation);
(12) Hydro test pressure and holding time;
(13) NDT; (14) Impact Test; (15) Drop-Weight Tear Test; (16) Guided-Bend;
For steel pipes, the most common specifications cited are API 5L, ASTM A53, EN10219, EN10217 and etc.
MCT of steel pipes is different from the API 5L certificate or EN10219 certificate. The certificate of API and EN are proved that the steel pipe mill has the ability to produce these kinds of steel pipe. Certification of steel pipes is an MTC which is issued by the mill to show the performance of the pipe.
And if you have any questions or you want a quotation about our products, please email me.
Want to know more? (Please email me)
My Phone: 0086-015022081646